- Monday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday 8:30am - 12:00pm
- Sunday and Public Holidays Closed
- After Hours Phone Contact 137 425
“Happy healthy parents make happy healthy children” – Dr Miriam Stoppard
Childhood. What a tender precious season in life. If you’re reading this and you are a parent or caregiver, well done and good work! It is no small feat to raise a child with all the challenges that the twenty-first century can throw at an infant, child or adolescent nowadays in a busy, post-pandemic world – physically, mentally, socially and emotionally.
The doctors at Dural Family Medical Practice are experienced at, and love treating children, adolescents, infants and newborns alike. Some of the doctors at our medical centre in Dural have undertaken additional training in paediatrics and children’s health, having completed Diplomas in Child Health (DCH).
We offer newborn checkups, childhood immunisations and mental health care for children and adolescents.
Here are some of the common children’s health issues and conditions that your doctors are commonly consulted for:
– Childhood immunisations
– Anxiety and depression in children
– Asthma management
– Looking after your child with COVID-19 and what to do afterwards
– High school catch-up immunisations
– Head injury in kids
– Penis and foreskin care in boys and babies
– Rashes in children
– Fever and children
– Gastroenteritis and kids
– Allergies and skin prick testing
– Behavioural concerns
– Acne management
– How to treat constipation in kids
– Eczema management
– Language and speech disorders
– Recurrent nosebleeds
– Reflux in babies / GORD / Gastroeosophageal Reflux Disease
– Ringworm and other fungal infections of the skin
– Children with asthma and exercise
– Bedwetting and children
– Threadworms and intestinal worms
– Irritable bowel syndrome and constipation in children
– Coughs and colds and children
– Food allergies and children
– Hand foot and mouth disease
– Nutrition and healthy eating and children
– Kids and teenagers and mental health
– Mental Health Care Plan referrals to a psychologist for children and adolescents
– Sleep tips for kids and insomnia in children
– Whooping cough
– Obesity and high body mass index in children and adolescents
– Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) – diagnosis and management.
We believe in physical and emotional health and wellbeing for all women in every season of life.
We provide a comprehensive range of immunisations including Travel vaccines, COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine, flu shots & childhood immunisations.
Your doctors perform thorough dermatoscopic skin cancer checks, biopsies, excisions and cryotherapy.
Helping and guiding parents through all the tricky season’s of your children’s health – from newborn babies, to teenagers.
Our GPs have undertaken additional training in providing comprehensive pregnancy care
Come and chat to your GP about screening for low iron and getting an infusion organised if indicated.
Often neglected by men, but critical nonetheless, our doctors can help you with all simple and complex men’s health issues.
We accept walk-in accidents, emergencies, lacerations, burns and work closely with our physiotherapists to treat fractures.
Avoid lengthy waiting times in the emergency department and be seen on the same day by one of our GPs.
Our doctors have undertaken additional occupational medicine training to deal with work injuries.
All of our GPs provide compassionate mental health care and can discuss different treatment option with you.
At Dural Family Medical Practice, we work closely with Your Health Sports and Spine who offer a wide variety of Allied Health Services including physiotherapy, chiropractor, nutritionist/dietitian and exercise physiologist.
Our doctors collaborate closely with the in-house Allied Health team to provide a holistic approach to health issues in the truest sense.
To contact any of the Allied Health team directly, please call 02 9651 1395 and visit their websitehttps://www.yhss.com.au/contact-us
Please note that from 1 November 2023, the following GP's will now be bulk-billing ALL children under 16 years of age (including new patients under 16) and ALL Pension/Concession Card Holders: