- Monday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday 8:30am - 12:00pm
- Sunday and Public Holidays Closed
- After Hours Phone Contact 137 425
MyMedicare is a new voluntary patient registration initiative. It aims to formalise the relationship between patients, their general practice, general practitioner (GP) and primary care teams.
Registration is open from 1 October 2023.
International research shows that seeing the same GP and General Practice regularly leads to better health outcomes.
By formalising the relationship you have with your GP and general practice through MyMedicare, you will have the opportunity to build a stronger therapeutic relationship, enhance continuity of care and ultimately achieve better health outcomes for you and your family.
Further information on MyMedicare from the Australian Government can be found here https://www.health.gov.au/our-work/mymedicare/patients
By registering in MyMedicare, you will benefit from:
• Improved continuity of care and healthcare delivery by your GP
• Greater access to bulk-billed appointments for Pension/Concession card holders and children under 12 by selected doctors (Dr Udara Gunawardane, Dr Kalpana Loganath, Dr Kevin Aung & Dr Philip Lam)
• Availability of longer telephone consultations
• Improved health outcomes by formalising the relationship between you and your practice.
It is free to register in MyMedicare and DFMP does not receive any government or Medicare incentives for registration.
To be eligible for registration, you must have had 2 in-person (face-to-face) visits at our practice sometime in the last 2 years. If someone in your family is registered, you can register without meeting that requirement.
To register with us, you can:
• Apply online via the Medicare app or
• Apply online via the Medicare online website
If you do not have access to the internet or a device, you can also register manually via paper form available from reception at the practice.
Dural Family Medical Practice looks forward to continuing to build strong, long-term relationships with you and your family, to achieve improved health outcomes and excellence in continuity of care.
Please note that from 1 November 2023, the following GP's will now be bulk-billing ALL children under 16 years of age (including new patients under 16) and ALL Pension/Concession Card Holders: